Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meditative March - a challenge

It's been a month and half since I started this blog. A decent amount of posts through which the process of self discovery continues.

What is Food to Culture? How to define it?

It's an experience. It's a feeling, a sense of who we are, where we came from, how we define ourselves going forward and how our environment is shaped. How we help shape that environment and how that environment shapes us. It's the evolution of ourselves, people, things and the environment around us.

Simultaneously to writing my blog, I've been going through my own process of evolution, enlightenment or whatever. I've had time to rest, rejuvenate and reflect. I've had quiet.

In a world where we are constantly bombarded with information (advertising, stimuli, entertainment, modes of escape, synthetic sounds and environements) it feels that quiet is a commodity. In my corporate job I was always switched on, wired, connected, in demand. It's been great since I dropped my mobile phone down the toilet (literally) and not had anyone contact me.

And I'm still tired. I'm tapped out. My holistic therapist tells me I'm totally heart and liver blood deficient. My energy is dwindling. I feel it, I know it, I'm trying to rectify it in an attempt to get back to some sort of version of my real self.

I'm taking the month of March to continue to reflect specifically on things, experiences, people, food that make me whole, that satisfy, nurture and fulfil me. I will not only reflect, I will do, see, experience, feel, taste.

I invite you to do the same and to share your experiences. During the month of March focus on all things that soothe your soul and calm your spirit. Nurture, love, honour and have fun!

I'm unsure of the structure yet. Why don't we let it unfold together?

I've just joined Pinterest, this shit is obsessive! After all, an image does say a thousand words. We can share images and experiences together on there or on Facebook to start with.

Happy Meditative March everyone!

One of my happy places: Miyajima Torii, Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment